By LadylexUK (with code from COB_Commander)
Although we are given a timer gadget, it requires you to know how long the timer is to run for. In a situation with a clock, you may not know this information. Also, you have no way to alter that time as there is no input socket only outputs. This method creates a timer using the score and score modifier gadgets.
- Place a timer with a 1 second count
- Place a Score Gadget – name is “Timer”
- Place a Score Modifier – add “Timer” to what it will modify
- Set the Score Modifier operation to Add and the number to 1
- Wire the timer finished pulse to reset on itself
- Wire the finished pulse to the score modifier into Score modifier power
- Wire the “Timer” Score Gadget to a Number Displayer and change setting to time
Now we have a timer that will count up indefinitely.
If you wish to alter the time – add or remove seconds for example
- Add a 2nd Score Modifier (as in step 3)
- Set the operation to add a positive number or Add a negative number (technically will remove)
- Now you need to wire into the power with whatever causes the time to alter such as a button press or a counter
You can reverse this to be a countdown timer by reversing the add 1 to add -1.
You can stop the timer by powering off the modifier.