|Name of gadget||Score Modifier|
|Number of Tweak pages||1|
|Last updated||15 Apr 2019 [Beta]|
This gadget is used in combination with the Score gadget. You can add multiple score modifiers to alter the same score. The score is modified remotely (and not by wire) by indicating the name of the score gadget to be affected.
Example Tutorial (adapted from Media Molecule)
(Same tutorial as on the Score page)
- Stamp a microchip
- Add a score gadget to it
- Add a score modifier to it
- Rename the score gadget as “Final score”
- Add “Final score” to the name field on the score modifier.
- Set operation type to add in the score modifier
- Add a controller sensor to the chip
- Set it to remote controllable
- Connect the square output to the power port of the score modifier. This will increase our score by 1 everytime you press the square button.
- Add a timer to the chip.
- Change the timer target to 10 seconds.
- Change it to countdown.
- Connect the timer finished (pulse) to post score on the score gadget.
- Add a second timer.
- Connect the first ones timer finished (pulse) to start timer on the new one.
- Make the target time 0.5 seconds.
- Add a doorway to the chip
- Connect timer finished (pulse) on the new timer to the power port on the doorway. This will end the game 0.5 seconds after you post the score to the scoreboard.
- Add 2 number displayers to the chip
- On the score gadget connect current score to the number/range input of displayer 1
- Move number displayer 1 to display in the middle of the screen
- On the original timer connect current time to the number/range of number displayer 2
- Set the display format to time and enable show milliseconds.
- Quick save the level
- Save the level online as private
- Exit to the dreamiverse and create a Dream
- Search for your saved level and add it
- Save the Dream online as private
- Play the Dream by pressing the square button as many times as you can before the timer runs out.
- Your score will be added to a scoreboard after you do this the first time.
- Score Name
Type the name of the Score gadget to be affected here (spelling and case sensitive)
- Operation Type
- Set – sets the score to the value in Operation Value [4b]
- Get – reads the score; used with the Current Score output [5b]
- Add – adds the value of Operation Value [4b] to the current score
- Reset – resets the score back to its initial value (specified in the Score gadget)
- Update Type
- When Powered On
– Sets or Adds to the score only at a point where power  is switched from off to on.
- Continuously While Powered
– Continuously updates as long as the power  is on. (Most useful with the “Add” operation type.
- When Powered On
- Operation value
This is the current value of the modification (not the score which is housed in the score gadget). Note this can be negative, so if you “Add” a negative number to the score, you can create a “subtract” option.
- Current Score
This output provides the current score from the Score gadget when used in combination with the “Get” operation type.
This is where you can turn the gadget on/off.