Live streamed on Twitch on Tuesday 2nd July 2019
Kareem builds a cityscape from scratch. Sculpting with no plan or end game.
- Place your character for scale before you start.
- Limit your palette to 3 or 4 colours.
- If you do not tumble the Mixed colour choices, you get a different shade from the selection with every stamp.
- There is an option on the grid menu to automatically alter the size of the grid as you zoom so you can more accurately align objects together.
- The sculpt tool has its own clone.
- Play with looseness and the inner colour to get textures.
- Lighting is also important for creating textures from use of shadows.
- Mood boards such as Pinterest are very useful for reference and inspiration.
- Make modules that you can rotate and flip and use in different ways for more versatility.
- Highlights of a small amount of colour is most effective.