|Name of gadget||Wireless Transmitter|
|Section||Sensors & Input|
|Number of Tweak pages||1|
|Last updated||23 May 2019 [EA v1.02]|
This gadget is used with the Wireless Receiver gadget to send and receive signals without the need for wires. It is invaluable for keeping your logic tidier when you want to send one signal to many receivers or when a signal needs to be transmitted over longer distances.
This is one of several gadgets where the name of gadget is important – give it a useful name because you will need this for the wireless receiver, so it knows what signal it is looking for.
Example Tutorial (from Media Molecule)
Same as in wireless receiver
- Let’s make an earthquake.
- Grab a wireless transmitter, wireless receiver, timer and a camera shaker and put them in your scene.
- Tweak the wireless transmitter and give it a name (call it “quake”)
- Tweak the wireless receiver and enter “quake” where it says transmitter name. Now these two can communicate with each other.
- Set the zone shape of the wireless receiver to scene. This means that it will pick up the transmission from anywhere.
- Connect the timer output to “Signal to Receiver” on the wireless transmitter.
- Connect signal from transmitter on the wireless receiver to the power port on the camera shaker.
- Hit start time.
- As the counter counts up to its target time (the default is 5 seconds, unless you changed it) the signal it sends is increasing numerically which means the power to the camera shaker increases.
Image: Beta. Confirmed same as v1.02
- Signal From Receiver
This is where you can hard wire the transmission to another gadget, though in normal usage this signal is sent wirelessly (hence the name of the gadget)
- Signal To Receiver
This is where you connect a wire carrying the signal to be transmitted
This is where you turn the gadget on/off
This gadget is not only good for tidying wires. The receiver has built in trigger zone capacities so it can be useful to place a transmitter inside a player that sends the control signals to the outside world so you do not have to have multiple remote controllable sensor gadgets in every object in your world.
v1.02 Confirmed menu same as in Beta. Added Lex Tip and link.